Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Blogging...sigh...and the Perfectionist in Me

Oh to be able to blog like some of the bloggers I follow! I won't even venture as far as to say "fellow" bloggers simply because I cannot compete at this point. I say "this point" because I am trying to remain optimistic and forward thinking that someday I MAY be able to compete!

I have a head full of random thoughts, but as soon as I seem to get them down, I get disgruntled and hit the "delete post" button. I wonder, who would want to read this besides me?

I read a wonderful little blog the other day on one of my new favorite blogger's pages...Someone Like You...Lauren is a lovely girl who reminded us all that bloggers are NOT perfect people; we only see a quick snapshot of their lives and we shouldn't idealize their lives. I do, however, because their ability to self-express IS perfection to me and I find beauty in that, flaws and all. It's something I aspire to do. But I realize they, too, have bad hair days, days when the words just don't want to seem to come together, and days when they just don't feel like communicating at all.

If I can someday express myself only HALF as well as my dear, admired bloggers, I would consider THAT perfection!

A writer at heart, I have made a promise to myself to keep up this little blog, even for an audience of one. It's good for my soul!

If you're interested, here's Lauren's blog post...Real.

No comments:

Post a Comment