Search This Blog

Friday, March 9, 2012

Inspiration Fridays

At times, I honestly need a swift kick in the pants to get me started. Whether it be trying to get up and out to work in the morning, to figuring out what to write in my blog, I find myself at odds sometimes with finding that perfect thing that gets my motor running and keeps it revving all day long.

I've recently found some inspiration to get my wardrobe going in a bit of a different direction than it has been. I've done a complete 180 with my clothes the last 18 months or so. I'm finally seeing myself in a different light and I am becoming my OWN inspiration to get back to the girl I was...vintagey, feminine, and eclectic. The fact that the vintage look is back "in" helps out quite a bit! Now I'd like to be able to find the motivation and inspiration to express the person I am on the INSIDE.

I've taken enough creative writing classes so I should know how to do it, but, frankly, it's been so long that I forgot. It’s something that I unfortunately became so out of practice with and so far out of touch with that it's like starting over from scratch. How DO I write? Where DO my ideas come from? Do I actually HAVE any ideas? Am I writing about anything that holds interest for ME let alone anyone else? And the first and foremost question: where the heck do I START??

Which brings me to my source of inspiration for today....I found this lovely blog, An Ordinary Utopia, which is just FULL of amazing little morsels to sink your teeth into. Under DIY, I found this delightful entry from last week about finding your artistic inspiration and it gave me PLENTY of food for thought. It’s my inspiration for the day, a true little blessing! But, sigh, it just means that I'll have to really sit down and figure out Pinterest which I have yet to do (I'm not in the mood to remember yet ANOTHER password and login!).

So I've decided that Fridays will be "Inspiration Fridays", a good way to kick off the weekend and keep the dwindling energy level of the week going.

What inspires YOUR creativity?

No comments:

Post a Comment