Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Underdog of Superheros

One thing you'll quickly learn about me if you don't know already is that I am Anxiety Girl. I tend to over-think and over-dwell on everything...from what to wear in the morning, to what to eat for lunch, to my resume, etc. I have a hard time putting anything down and accepting that it can't all be perfect all the time. It's something I am constantly working on (hence, the shredder at times).



Right now, I'm at a crossroads about what to do with school and my so-called career. I say "so-called" because I've never really taken ownership of it; it's always just been a job I do in order to eat and keep my closet full. But as I get older, I realize that I need to take ownership and I need to make some choices. What to do? I think my alter-ego is the Masked Procrastinator.....I'm always assuming things will just work THEMSELVES out....



Do I go continue with school? I'm technically a Jr towards my bachelor's degree or do I get a better job in a company with more opportunity first THEN look at school. And if so, where, what and WHY?

AACK! I think I just want to hide under my cape!

I've decided to start a list (thanks, Mom) of not only what I am GOOD at but what I actually ENJOY doing....it's one thing to be good at something, but if you're not enjoying it, who cares? I'm looking forward to doing that. It's my next project now that school is over. As trite as it sounds, I need to do something meaningful where I feel like I am really contributing and getting something more out of it than just a paycheck (thought that always helps!). I gotta not only find the right answer, but the variables to the equation as well!

Do you love doing what you do? What do you love about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment