Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Oh delete key, how do I love thee?



The hand is mighter than the sword!

There's something sinister, yet so satisfying about the delete key. It gives one a feeling of organization and control; in one fell swope, abracadabra, it's gone. Whatever "it" was.

Even if only temporary.....

The delete key is the original "unfriend" tool. It's simple, yet so effective. It gets the job done in a simple keystroke. Delete a name, a file, a picture, an email. Poof, it's gone.

It can also be a life-saving tool. What would I have done if I hadn't been able to "delete" that email before I sent it or that ranting blog post? I was able to save face with one little "thump" of a finger.

That something so innocuous can be so powerful at the same time never ceases to amaze me.

Along with the "crop" tool, it's a God-send. A match-made-in-heaven. Chunks of my life instantly changed or removed. Everything is clean and tidy again and I can breathe a sigh of relief.

I could go on and on about the shredder, too, but I'll save that for another post.....

Happy Deleting, Everyone!

PS...here's a great little article I came across today, fellow bloggers and blog-readers! No wonder I can't get enough of Pinterest lately!!


No comments:

Post a Comment