Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Living the Simple Life (or at least trying)

I am SO proud of myself!

I got rid of the TV in my bedroom. It's just one way I'm trying to bring calm and peace into my life.

It's a slow process for me. My head is ALWAYS spinning with ideas. Some would probably say I'm rather OCD-inclined, but as someone with OCD focuses on some THING, I don't have much focus I'm afraid. My thoughts jump from one to another. I'm always thinking of something new to do, to buy, to read, to research, to make, to try.

Right now, I am fixated on MAKING some skirts. As someone somewhat tall and long-legged (trust me, it's not all it's cracked up to be), I have a HORRIBLE time finding pants, skirts and dresses that are long enough for me. So yesterday I decided to give up the shopping and searching world wind and try to MAKE some. Wish me luck!

Last week and for several months, I was fixated on shopping vintage and thrifting. It's kind of run its course with me. I would OBSESS over it; having a computer at-hand and the world of shopping easily accessible anytime and anywhere is NOT a God-send; it's my alcohol at times.

A few years ago it was painting. My friend taught a bunch of us to tole-paint and I went out and bought all the supplies. That lasted maybe a year. Now I have all these fancy brushes I sometimes use for blush and powder!

In trying to live the simple life, at times I create more chaos. I have good intentions, but an element of boredom currently in my life doesn't help. The chaos gives me something to do at times....and I have this nasty creative streak. I always have to "create", whether it be a craft, an idea, something to do. I guess that's why I do what I do for a living: create flyers, brochures, posters, media.

Giving the TV up was an easy, baby-step for me. Now I just need to focus on the rest as long as I don't obsess over it!

I’ve even started obsessing over this blog! Oy!

No comments:

Post a Comment